Press Release: ProMaster Unveils XC-M Tripod Series
ProMaster XC-M tripods carry over the acclaimed travel-friendly design of the best-selling XC series, while boasting significant enhancements and incredible modularity.
ProMaster, a leading brand in high-quality accessories for still photography and videography, announces the follow-up to their best-selling XC series of tripods. Xtreme Compact Modular (XC-M for short) is a complete reinvention of the popular XC tripod, while maintaining the lauded travel-friendly design. The transverse leg design of these tripods allows the new XC-M 522 tripod to fold down to just over 12 inches for storage and transport. The larger XC-M 525 folds down to an impressive 15 inches.
Each leg’s angle and length are independently adjustable, allowing the XC-M tripod to properly support a camera on uneven ground. The leg angle locks and twist locks have been reengineered for a better tactile experience and more positive locking. The center column uses a new two-stage design; providing maximum height yet an extremely compact folded length. Any of the three legs can be removed and attached to the center column to be used as a full-size monopod.
Included with each XC-M tripod (and sold separately) is a completely redesigned ball head made from machined, high-grade aluminum. The dual-action design uses separate knobs to adjust the ball tension and the panning control. The tension control knob has an integrated memory lock dial which allows users to set a repeatable tension stop. Each knob has been reengineered for comfort and ease of use; even in temperatures as low as 4˚ F. Multiple bubble levels allow for precise leveling, and the Arca-Swiss compatible quick release plate includes a strap slot, as well as an improved anti-twist material.
Rounding out the XC-M collection is a variety of accessories that allow photographers to customize their tripod to their needs. Options include:
• Extension/Macro Leg Sets can be used to increase the height of the tripod by six to eight inches, or to modify an XC-M into an incredibly strong macro tripod.
• All Terrain Feet include sand and snow baskets, plus stainless steel spikes for use on ice, dirt, grass, and more.
• Ground Level Adapters allow photographers to get lower and closer to the ground for macro photography and unique perspectives.
• The Tilting Column Adapter converts an XC-M’s center column into a multi-position, adjustable boom.
• Custom-fit Leg Warmers make handling XC-M tripods more comfortable in cold weather.
• The Mini-Dovetail Clamp attaches to the factory-installed Mini-Dovetail plate on the yoke of an XC-M tripod. This allows for quick attachment of photographic accessories via the clamp’s 3/8”-16 threaded port.
• The Hipster is a unique system that offers multiple ways of carrying an XC-M tripod.
Both the XC-M 522 and the XC-M 525 are available in aluminum and carbon fiber. Aluminum models are available in black, silver, yellow, red, orange, and blue. Carbon fiber models are available exclusively in black or silver. A complete list of pricing, specifications, and accessories can be found at www.xc-m.promaster.com.
About ProMaster: For more than 59 years, ProMaster has sold products exclusively through independently owned stores. We do so enthusiastically because we are committed to supporting the efforts of locally owned businesses. We know the retailers who sell our products on a first name basis and we help them to share their passion for photography with you by providing an incredible variety of high quality accessories for still cameras, video cameras, and mobile phones. ProMaster products are available in the U.S., Canada, and Australia. For more information on ProMaster, please visit www.promaster.com.